Whether you are cooking hamburgers on the grill or frying them in a pan, there are methods you can use to make them more juicy and flavorful. Choosing the right type of meat and adding your favorite seasonings will create a burger to satisfy your taste but there is more you can do to create an extra boost of flavor and juiciness. Listed below are many tips and suggestions on how to create the perfect burger.
- Medium ground meat makes burgers that are more moist. Buy hamburger that is at least 15 to 20% fat to prevent the hamburger from becoming too dry.
- To make each patty equal in size, use a measuring cup or roll meat into a log and slice.
- Rather than adding cheese to the top of the burger, try mixing shredded cheese into the burger patty.
- Pressing down on burgers while they are on the grill will release the natural juices and dry out the hamburger.
- Insert the prongs of a fork randomly into the burger before cooking. This will allow heat to circulate more evenly while cooking. If you wait until you are cooking the burger, natural juices will be lost and a dry burger will result.
- If you are using hamburger that tends to dry out while cooking, try adding a tablespoon of vegetable oil per pound before making hamburger patties. The oil will help to replenish fat and moisture content.
Add one beaten egg white for each pound
Make hamburger patties with a tablespoon of cottage cheese in the center
- Experiment; add a hint of herb such as basil, thyme or rosemary before making patties.
- Mix raw, ground hamburger with any of the following ingredients before making patties:
- Stuff center of hamburger with:
|Cheese with shredded vegetables
|Sautéed red onion
||Favorite steak sauce
|Pepperoni & pizza sauce
||Thousand Island dressing|
|Grilled jalapeño peppers
Reading the label.
USDA Prime - Most tender
USDA Choice - Very tender
USDA Good - Low fat, needs tenderizing
USDA Commercial - Tough
USDA Utility, Cutter and Canner - Lowest Grade
Soaking meat in white vinegar and water for 3 to 5 minutes will increase tenderness.
The Perfect Burger Reviews
There currently aren't any reviews or comments for this article. Be the first!